Marsh’s Float & Thermostatic Traps are designed to provide efficient removal
of air and condensate from steam heat exchange systems. Functional and
rugged, our F & T Traps are used for universal applications.
• High and low pressure systems
• Removal of air and condensate
• Steam exchange systems
• Design allows for straight-through or angled piping
• Interchangeable with most manufacturers
• Temperatures to 250°F
• Ease of maintenance by removing top and
bottom plug for cleaning
• Excellent flow-through design
• Stainless steel float
• Stainless seat and needle on high pressure models
• Specify low (15#) or medium (125#) pressure
• Stainless seat for 125# pressure
• Series 12/8/14 are low pressure to 15# PSI
• Series 512/508/514 are medium pressure to 125# PSI
• Stainless steel (bellows style) thermostats
All models shown are available with “Standard” Marsh thermostatic
diaphragm or “Non-Standard” stainless steel bellows designed thermostat.
Float and Thermostatic Traps provide an efficient method for removing
air and condensate from steam mains, branches or risers and from unit
heaters, steam coils and like applications.
The Marsh Float and Thermostatic operation allows condensation
to completely discharge through a float operated valve located at the
lowest point inside the trap body. The thermostatic diaphragm element
in the cap of the trap vents all air through the valve outlet but closes
immediately in the presence of steam.
Stainless steel ball float is constructed to withstand pressures well over
rating of valve. Trap parts are readily accessible without breaking piping
The size and weight of our No. 12/512 and 8/508 permits installation in
the piping without other means of support.